How Immune system function in your body?
To keep your body immune all the time, it is important to know first how the immune system works or functions in your body. So, Immunity is your body’s defense system against foreign diseases. The Immune system function keeps a record of every microbe(germs) it has ever defeated in types of white blood cells(B- and T- lymphocytes) known as memory cells. This means it can recognize any cell changes and destroy the microbes quickly if it enters the body again and before it can multiply itself and make you feel sick.
10 ways to boost your immune system
Healthy lifestyle is the first line of defense. Following these guidelines is the way to lead you towards naturally keeping your immune system healthy and function properly as well.
1. Eat a balanced diet with a right mix of foods in the right quantities. For example foods high in fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
2. Exercise regularly, dance, run or cycle to a healthier way.
3. Avoid alcohol, cigarettes and all other types of drugs.
4. Get sufficient sleep for up to 6 to 8 hrs. Try to minimize stress.
5. Eat more greens, consume more cooked and stir-fried vegetables.
6. Try the ‘5 meal’ plan to boost your metabolism.
7. Switch to natural sources of sugar like honey and fruits.
8. Take steps to avoid infections such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
9. Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated.
10. Garlic, Yogurt, Almonds and Turmeric(with milk) are nature’s best immune system boosters.
How stress affects your immune system?
Stress is good for you. It keeps you alert and motivated. But too much stress may lead to major depressions in susceptible people. If you’re going through a stressful period of your life, it can have a huge impact on both your mental and physical health. Being stressed can lower your immunity. “Stress is like an email and email spam, a little stress is good but too much is bad ”.
When we’re stressed the immune system’s ability to fight off antigens is reduced. That’s why we are more susceptible to infections and this is because stress hormone corticosteroid suppresses the effectiveness of the immune system by lowering the numbers of lymphocytes(type of immune cells).
5 tips to minimize your Stress
1. Sing or Dance alone or with anyone you are comfortable with to boost mood and to minimize stress and depressions.
2. Learn and use meditation or relaxation techniques.
3. Take time for yourself.
4. When you are stressed, shutdown yourself for a moment and reboot yourself again.
5. Build yourself a trustworthy support network of people with whom you can talk to.
Try counselling, especially when you are going through a very stressful time. There are already many institutes or clinics available. Just google it to find.
[ Related Content: How to keep your body Immune system Healthy? ]